Inspiring Quotes

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." -James Barrie

"Find joy in the journey now!" -Pres. Thomas S Monson

"Come what may and love it." -Joseph B Worthlin

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Anniversary Fun and then Some.....


So today is Jason and my 7th wedding anniversary!! Yay!! Somedays I wonder how in the world we have done it :) But I am so so super blessed to have him for a husband! He is so kind, patient, hard working, loving, and the very best daddy any kid could ask for! Thanks babe for being so wonderful! Here's to our next 7 years and then some! I can't wait! 
So since our anniversary is on a Sunday we celebrated a few days early! Jason took Friday off work and we seriously had the BEST day EVER!!!! 
We started out with lunch at Red Robin! My favorite hamburger joint minus one on the planet!! For those of you who have yet to go there, GO! and be sure you try the fabulous Whiskey River BBQ Burger! YUMMY!!!! The kids got balloons and lots of Mac N Cheese. 
Then it was off to the zoo! We bought a year pass when we got here and I am so glad! There is no way you could see the whole thing in one visit!! Here are some pics of our zoo trip! I posted some from the my trip with the kids a while back, but this is all new stuff that we hadn't seen yet!

Would you just look at these 2 handsome men! I am so very blessed to have these boys in my life!
My gorgeous little fam!! 
Quick side note.....
Lucas's blue balloon from Red Robin got away from us as we were headed to the car and Lucas turned to Jason and said "Quick Dad! I gotta get some wings!!" 
Is my boy cute or what?! 
Evie found a bamboo walking stick and thought it was the coolest thing on the face of the planet! She hauled it all over the zoo till it finally broke and we had to chuck it.
My fave! I heart tigers!
So these next pics are in reverse order sorry!! Oh well! We went into this huge building they have called "The Unseen World" where they have all sorts of different snakes, bugs, reptiles, amphibians, bats, spiders. The list goes on and on!! We were at the zoo for 2 and 1/2 hours and 2 hours of it was spent in here! Super cool! The kids loved it! 
Lucas loves loves loves turtles and dinosaurs so a turtle that LOOKED like a dino! Well you can imagine! I love that in this pic you can see the reflection of his awed face in the glass!! what a cutie!
More turtles!
Midget Caiman (crocodile) :) 
This little guy is just a 25 foot anaconda! Whoa nelly!! I would NOT want to come face to face with one of these babies outside!! This guy was wound all over the place! Lucas and Evie just about had a heart attack since one of their favorite youtube videos is called "Green Anaconda"!!
Check it out here
Giant snapping turtle!! Awesome! It just chilled looking like a statue! It was enormous!!
Rhino Iguana! This guy was huge too!
Jason and Evie 
Lucas had crashed hard by this time! Poor guy! 
Evie was fascinated by the stork cause she really thinks this is how babies come! 
"Lucy! You got some splainin' to do" !!! 
 
Its Timon!!!
Evie pointing at the invisible meerkat! :)
Getting up close and personal with the meerkats  
My other favorite! Hyacinth Macaws!
Well thats the end of our fun zoo trip! Afterwards we went and ate Krispy Kreme donuts while watching how they are made and ended the day seeing Disney Pixars UP! Its a good anniversary movie! Those of you who have seen it understand why and for those of you who haven't, well you are just missing out so GO!!!!!! the newest Pixar short also explains why Evie thinks the way she does about storks! After all how could I contradict Disney?!

Anywho here are just a  couple more fun pics I have taken lately and wanted to share!

Evie found a little pie tin and has been dying to make a little pie! Jason took her and Lucas out into the forest and they found a bunch of wild strawberries. They brought those home, mixed them with blackberries and she made her very own strawberry/ blackberry pie! She was super excited! But I guess wild strawberries don't taste super great! Oh well! :) with whipped cream EVERYTHING tastes good right? 

My babies are so sweet when they sleep!
Even when their faces are covered half with blanket and half with book!

And ESPECIALLY when they are  sleeping together! Aren't they beautiful!!!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a lot of fun celebrating. We just saw Up! last night and you're right, it is the perfect anniversary movie. I don't think I"ve ever cried so much in a cartoon before. I loved it.

Steffani Dastrup said...

I can't believe that it has been 7 years! We are getting old aren't we? What a fun day at the zoo! I took Jax for the first time last week! He loved it! Maybe when you guys get home we'll have to plan a trip to Hogal Zoo together sometime! Love you!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers